BibleShow software presentation
BibleShow is a software solution for presenting Holy Scripture verses on any video display device (monitor, projector, TV set, IWB) connected to a personal computer running Microsoft Windows operating system. The application is to be shared free of charge to any user, being developed with the aim to spread the Word of God (Bible) all over the world. The users that will mostly benefit of this tool are churches, Christian organizations, preachers, Bible study group leaders, but also the viewers that can enjoy reading Bible verses promptly displayed featuring a modern and appealing design.
What's new in BibleShow 5.x:
- Unattended auto-play of a predefined list of verses, up to whole Scripture text;
- Running up to 4 app instances per computer, in connected or standalone mode;
- Multi-user support for up to 4 personal profile settings;
- Parallel display of up to 4 Bible versions on the same screen;
- Simultaneous display on up to 4 screens of particularly customized scriptures;
- Bible modules management (install/update/remove) within software;
- NewTek NDI capability (output/streaming and input/background);
- Data output capability (XML text and PNG image files);
- Improved touch screen support on Windows 7/8/10 powered devices;
- Quick install within software of 200+ predefined themes;
- Fine-tune the aspect of displayed text: reference, words of Christ, passage length;
- 10+ sliders to enhance background image and apply visual effects;
- 20 dynamic slide transitions for impressive experience;
- Seamless Freeze/Unfreeze of displayed scripture;
- Search in Bible without typing diacritical marks / accent characters;
- Faster startup and verse display on computers with low performances;
- Over 180 Bible modules (and more to come) available for download;
- Full support for right-to-left languages (Hebrew, Arabic, etc.);
- Various software enhancements to facilitate free use of copyrighted resources;
- Many more improvements of user interface and application responsiveness;
- Advanced Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (or newer) is required for BibleShow 5.
Features and Options:
- Preview and display Bible verses by supplying complete or partial reference (version, book, chapter and verse);
- Present multiple versions (up to 7) at the same time, by accessing a growing number of Bible translations;
- Build and easily manage a program list with verse references to be displayed;
- Search through the Bible for verses that contain a specific word or phrase;
- Live monitor, preview and stream the video content displayed on the screen;
- Automatic play of predefined verse-lists or even an entire chapter;
- Ready to use hundreds of predefined themes, with capability to add new custom ones;
- Quick install/update of Bible modules available in numerous languages;
- History of all Bible references displayed in the current working session;
- More than enough options to setup and enhance scripture presentation: screen size and position, background content and border, verse/reference layout and formatting, transitions effect and duration, etc.
- Countless possibilities to configure user interface: panels position and size, menu language, skin color palette, night mode, update notification, text formatting, useful tooltips, etc.
Application's unique performances consist in: display any scripture using just 3-4 mouse clicks (or finger taps), present up to 7 synchronized Bible versions on up to 4 screens, change of theme with a single click/tap, non-stop auto-play scriptures, keyboard shortcuts for the most used functions, NDI/data capability, etc.
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
- Software framework: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 or newer
- Free disk space: 35MB
- Monitor resolution: 1280 x 768 pixels (or larger)
It is highly recommended to use a multiple display system, that is a desktop/laptop/tablet computer with 2+ video outputs (one for control monitor and the second one for video projector). Thus, the user will benefit from advanced display options and improved presentation control.
- The software author grants to users a limited, non-commercial, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-assignable, free of charge license to download, install and use BibleShow on computers or mobile devices, for the sole purpose of presenting Bible verses (mainly for church use).
- The users will not sell, rent, lease, export, act as an intermediary or provider, or otherwise grant rights to third parties.
- The users will not undertake, cause, permit or authorize the modification, creation of derivative works, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or hacking of BibleShow executable files and Bible modules.
- The author of the software cannot be held responsible of consequences that result from using the software and Bible text.
- Even if the software is offered free of charge, its development required many years of intensive work – sometimes struggling for appropriate resources. I wish that users do not feel embarrassed to support this project, but I encourage churches that will find this application essential, to contribute somehow for its improvement and addition of new Bible modules.
Copyright © 2002-2020 Miodrag Recheşan
BibleShow is delivered with standard King James Bible version included, which still is the most common English translation. The user can download and install many other translations in over 60 languages like Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Romanian, Spanish, Tagalog, etc.
Copyright law requirements associated to intellectual property rights have been taken seriously when designing the application and creating Bible modules. The software developer invested considerable energy to fulfill the demands of majority copyright holders so that BibleShow can remain a free-to-use application for everybody. Several Bible societies, publishers and translators have already granted their permission based on a written agreement, after providing the evidence of good-will usage of copyrighted texts. Since this is a lifetime process and most of the copyright owners responded positively to requests, the BibleShow author ventured further to create Bible modules considering the following essential rules:
- Each Bible module states clearly the copyright holder name or copyright status for Public Domain texts.
- The complete official name of Bible translation is provided with capability to translate it into native language. The same applies to abbreviation (short name) of each version. The year of publishing is also appended to Bible full name.
- Outstanding efforts has been engaged to provide an error free Scripture text. Latest available revision has been considered as source text.
- Special focus is directed to incorporate all commonly used, modern and theologically accurate translations of Holy Bible for most spoken languages.
- Bible modules database is password protected with powerful Microsoft Access User-Level Security feature to prevent text extraction.
- Additionally, BibleShow software is using multiple encryption levels to prevent access to source code.
- Text to preview is restricted to one Bible chapter, while text to display is limited just to several verses.
- The software displays version abbreviation (e.g. NIV) after each scripture reference and full copyright notice at the end of passage slide show.
- BibleShow was, is and will remain a non-commercial project for helping Christian communities and individual users fulfilling the Great Commandment of our Lord Jesus Christ for reaching the heart of all people with the Word of God.
- If your purpose of using BibleShow is a commercial one, or your product is not covered by fair use (gratis) permission policy, you have to contact legal copyright holder for approval to quote Bible text.
Software setup and removal:
- Launch BibleShow5.exe executable file and follow on-screen instructions. In case that .NET Framework 4.5.2 (or later) is not found, you will be prompted to download it before software installation.
- To remove the software (even later installed Bible modules, themes etc.) just access: Settings - Apps - BibleShow 5, press Uninstall and follow on-screen instructions.
- Next version of the BibleShow software will aim to improve performances and to add new Bible modules, functions and configuration options.
- Praise be to God that gracefully sustained the development of this software, thus empowering us to fulfill the commandment of spreading the Gospel message all over the earth.
- Special thanks to Bible societies, publishers and translators that offered the permission to use free of charge their copyrighted Scripture texts.
- By generosity of eBiblia Ministries organization, BibleShow software could be digitally signed to ease the installation process and to avoid false warnings reported by some antivirus applications.
- Feel free to contact us if you face issues during software installation/usage, find critical errors or want to come with improvement ideas. Press here to quickly send a message.